Intended for 1982 to 2006 BMW 3 Series
Please note, our race kits do not add steering angle, and often will reduce steering clearance slightly because they are designed with a delta shape in place of the L-shape factory arms to provide a stronger arm with direct load paths for minimum weight.
Lightweight tubular high strength control arm set, including matched Billet 7075-T6 Aluminum roll-center, bump-steer and quick steering geometry plates. Each control arm is 100% TIG welded in house by a master of the craft. Built to OEM control arm length by default. These are some of the lightest and strongest front control arms available on the market. If you have a little extra room under the fenders, instead of adding spacers or low offset wheels we can build the arms to suit +54mm or +108mm Track width in order to increase your track while maintaining your scrub radius as close to stock as possible for better, more neutral steering feel and control. Unlike our drift kits we do not build the race kit with maximum angle clearance in mind, this kit is built with the sole purpose of lowering your lap times.
No sway bar provision by default as we recommend the M3 style strut sway link, but a control arm sway link provision can be added as an option if requested.
The arms are affixed with custom designed and developed hardware proudly machined in the USA by SLRspeed from forged 4140 billet steel.
This kit bundles four expensive upgrades for your car into one affordable package:
- Lightweight chromoly control arms(40% arm weight reduction for e30/e36)
- Roll-center correction
- Bump-steer correction
- Quick-ratio steering
Compare to other companies that charge nearly as much for simply a pair of control arms and hardware that you will need to purchase additional parts to get the same -benefits as our complete package.
Please contact us about custom widths beyond our online catalog listed here 561-485-9997
**PLEASE NOTE** All E36 race arms are built to 93-95 M3 geometry unless otherwise requested, (96+ Evo 3.2L geometry can be built, but has less clearance for larger tires) additional caster can be gained by using our adjustable lollipop (FCAB) as well as caster top mounts.
- 40%* faster steering ratio
- 34mm roll-center correction
- Matching bump-steer correction
- 4-position adjustable ackerman (zero, low, medium, high)
What's in box
- SLR Lower Control Arms x2
- SLR Inner & Outer Balljoint studs
- SLR Billet Bump-steer / Roll-center /Steering Adapters x2
- SLR Adjustable Outer Tie Rods x2
- SLR Billet tie-rod tubes x2
- SLR Slip on Steering Rack Limiters (1 set)
- All hardware for 100% bolt-on installation
- SLR Installation Manual & decals
- E46/Z4 kits will include Delrin lollipop bushings by default
Please Include year and model in the notes once you have placed your order.
Orders typically ship within 10 business days
* Steering quickening determined by 40% more actual front wheel angle per mm of lock. Or in other words, instead of the front wheels turning 10° in the first half-turn of the steering, they will now turn 14°. Many customers still combine the kit with a Z3 rack for ultra-fast steering.